Skip to main content

Community Summit 2020 is next week

Alt text

Community Summit North America is set to kick off next week October 7-9, 2020.

Community Summit is one of my favorite conferences of the year. This year is sure going to be different since it's going to be held virtually. Not being able to hug my friends and meet many others in person is going to be the hardest part of attending virtually for me. Please give us speakers grace and know that we have all prepared for countless hours to present; however presenting virtually is going to be such a different experience since we won't get to see all your smiling faces in the crowd!

Community

One of the biggest things about Community Summit is the "community." Each UG has their own community, but lately the lines are becoming more blurred. Since Microsoft has introduced the Power Platform and it's capabilities across all Dynamics products, I've been able to learn from many other community users, consultants, and MVPs. Bringing people together and being able to learn from one another is truly what builds a great community.

Sessions I'm presenting

This year I have the pleasure of presenting with my good friend and fellow Microsoft MVP, Shannon Mullins. We have teamed up to present three sessions two within the GPUG track and the other within the BC/NAV track. We're both excited to be presenting this year virtually. Below are the sessions we will be co-presenting.
  • Top 20 Things To Do In GP - We’ve taken the time to connect with several GP consultants, ISV’s and end users to come up with a list of 20 things you should do in GP. Wednesday, October 7th from 1:30 PM - 2:20 PM CDT.

• Top 20 Things Not To Do In GP - We’ve taken the time to connect with several GP consultants, ISV’s and end users to come up with a list of 20 things you should never do in GP.  Let’s learn from each other’s mistakes so that we never find ourselves in a situation that isn’t very desirable. Join us to learn some of the biggest issues clients face with Dynamics GP and how to open a proper support case with your IT team or partner. Wednesday, October 7th from 3:30 PM - 4:20 PM CDT.

• Personalizing Your Experience Within BC - In this fast-paced presentation we’ll walk through user personalization ranging from simple to more complicated, as well as personalizing cues, so that you can return to your office ready to make an instant difference in your team’s efficiency. We’ll also address key issues to consider when personalizing and building UI elements and Role Center. Thursday, October 8th from 10:40 AM - 11:30 AM CDT.

Sneak peak at my schedule

Several people have already asked me what sessions I'll be attending at Summit and I'm super excited about attending as many Dynamics 365 Business Central/NAV sessions as I can...thankfully I'll be able to watch some on demand after the event is over because I can't be many places at once. Below are some Dynamics 365 Business Central/NAV sessions that I can't wait to attend.

Wednesday, October 7th

• D365UG Business Central/NAV General Session - Wed. Oct 7 @ 11:40 am - 12:30 am CDT
  • Beyond Boundaries with PowerPlatform & Business Central - Wed. Oct 7 @1:30 pm - 2:20 pm CDT
  • Microsoft Q&A: Dynamics 365 Business Central - Wed. Oct 7 @1:30 pm - 2:20 pm
  • Rapid Fire: 60 sales tips in 30 minutes - Wed. Oct 7 @1:30 pm - 2:20 pm
  • Using Workflows to Eliminate Manual Processes - Wed. Oct 7 @1:30 pm - 2:20 pm
  • All About BC/NAV Security - Wed. Oct 7 @ 3:30 pm - 4:20 pm CDT

Thursday, October 8th

• Personalizing Your Experience within BC - 10:40 AM - 11:30 AM CDT
  • Automating Your Accounts Receivable Process in D365 Business Central - 11:40 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
  • Working with Base Dynamics 365 Business Central Warehouse - 1:30 PM - 2:20 PM CDT
  • 50 Tips in 50 Minutes for Dynamics 365 Business Central - 2:30 PM - 3:20 PM CDT
  • Cash Flow Forecast in 10 Fairly Easy Steps - 2:30 PM - 3:20 PM CDT
  • Designing Dimensions to get Powerful Information - 2:30 PM - 3:20 PM CDT
  • Discover SmartList Designer and start creating queries in Business Central - 2:30 PM - 3:20 PM CDT
  • How to Integrate PowerAutomate Flow with BC Page WebService - 2:30 PM - 3:20 PM CDT
  • Learning BC Development from Scratch: How Do I Get Started? - 4:30 PM - 5:20 PM CDT
  • You mean there is a Fixed Asset Module in BC/NAV! - 4:30 PM - 5:20 PM CDT

Friday, October 9th

• 6 Great BC Integrations with Office 365 & Power Platform - 10:30 AM - 11:20 AM CDT
  • 50 Tips in 50 Minutes for Business Central: Finance Edition - 12:30 PM - 1:20 PM CDT
  • Foreign Currency - The Basics - 12:30 PM - 1:20 PM CDT

Come visit me at the Boyer & Associates expo booth

I'm also going to be at the Boyer & Associates expo booth throughout the week. If you'd like to stop by and say hi please do. Several of my co-workers are also presenting this year, check out their sessions below.
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go? Cloud Remix - Erik Vigesaa and Jen Brockman. Should you stay on-premise or go to the cloud? This session will provide you with the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision that best fits your organization. Join a VP of finance whose company recently moved from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central, along with the consultant skilled in both solutions who helped them transition. We will briefly discuss the latest features of GP and reasons to stay on-premise before diving into a short demo of BC and hearing the inside story of one company that decided to go cloud and their experience during the change. Thursday, October 8th from 10:40 AM - 11:30 AM CDT.

• Getting Started with Management Reporter - Paul James. This session is ideal for accountants who are responsible for creating and generating financial reports for their organization but have little training with Management Reporter for Dynamics GP and SL.  Learn the basics of report building blocks and leave with the know-how to create four key financial statements within Manager Reporter:  Trial Balance, Income Statement, and Balance Sheet.  Discover the power and flexibility of reporting trees and get the skill you need to present useful data to your executive team. Wednesday, October 7th from 11:40 AM - 12:30 PM CDT.

• Making Management Reporter Sing - Paul James. Looking to step your game with Management Reporter for Dynamics GP and SL?  This session will show you how to create three complex reports: a Consolidated Income Statement, A Dynamic 12-Month Income Statement and a Cash Flow Statement.  Plus, learn how to use non-financial data (or KPIs) to present data to your executive team. Friday, October 9th from 1:30 PM - 2:20 PM CDT.

• Our Favorite Dynamics GP Things - Ron Pederson and Sara Flaws, GPUG All-Star 2019. Consultant and GP User Duo with a combined 33+ years of experience will share some of their favorite features of GP and help you make the most of your investment. Attendees will learn how to navigate more effectively in GP, how to be more efficient with everyday tasks and how to use new lookup techniques. Thursday, October 8th from 10:40 AM - 11:30 AM CDT.

Registering

This year Dynamic Communities is offering several pass options, including a free pass. Below are the pass options for this years Summit. If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?

Networking

Join me at the PowerGP Online Party - VIP Style. If we can't party in person lets do it virtually. There are several social hours being held Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Check them out here
Register by October 1, 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My DynamicsCon experience

DynamicsCon is a first-of-its-kind, free virtual learning experience for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) and Power Platform users and professionals. Although it came out of the blue it was put together by a stellar team and it was highly successful in my opinion.
In my opinion this event was successful because there was a need in the Dynamics community for high quality, free learning. DynamicsCon required all sessions to be prerecorded, and on top of that there was a live chat during every session where the presenter could interact with the audience. This was very new and very exciting for the attendees, especially during this world where all conferences are being cancelled or switched to virtual.  Sessions I attendedWhile there were several sessions within the Dynamics 365 Business Central track I only attended day 1 for the functional sessions. Below is a list of the sessions I attended. I've been consulting for D365BC for three years now and I was able to learn so much from each o…

My story to becoming a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Business Applications

I've officially been a Microsoft MVP for 13.5 hours, but who's counting. I wanted to sit down this evening and write about how I felt this morning when I opened the email from Microsoft letting let me know that I was awarded the 2020-2021 Microsoft MVP award for the category Business Applications.

My story isn't that different from other MVP's in the sense that we all love our jobs and we love helping the community. It's been a personal goal of mine since 2019 to get a nomination and it wasn't until February 2020 that I actually wrote "Goal MVP" on the board in my office. I decided early on that I was never going to ask an MVP to nominate me because deep down I wanted someone to see the hard work I was putting into presenting at conferences, blogging, and the passion I had for the Microsoft Dynamics community. After all my whole career is based on people believing in me and giving me a chance to do something I've never done before.
First job - proc…